Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Purpose of Marriage...

Once again, I have learned that I am not perfect (not that I need much help being reminded of that!). You would think I would get it after the first hundred times. But no, pride keeps rearing it's ugly head. Fortunately for me, I have an amazing husband who knows exactly what to say to diffuse the situation. The best part about it, is that most of what he says in these situations, he backs up with scripture. The worst part about it is the fact that I am having such a struggle with pride. God is so good! He has given me such a good man who despite my failures continues to love me even when I am being prideful and want to just quit.

Paul Washer on Marriage:


Today, God showed me who my husband is becoming through Christ. I am so amazed by how gracious He truly is and am equally awed by His work in my family's lives. There is hope for the rest of my family (the mormon side) yet!

"For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless." Ephesians 5:23-27

No comments: