Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Regarding Previous Post about Purpose of Marriage...

After my previous post regarding marriage, I have been worrying that it may have come across as aimed at husbands. This was not my intention at all. When I listen to sermons such as the one that I posted by Paul Washer, I attempt to listen to them with an ear for how I need to change, or what applies to my life per biblically sound principles. The passage of scripture that I posted at the end of the post was what my husband radiated yesterday. I am so proud of the growth that he has gone through over the past year.

On the way home from work today, I was listening to another sermon by Paul Washer. In it, he mentioned how we have a tendency to overlook what I'm going to call the good factor in our spouses. I know that I am very guilty of this. My husband does not physically or verbally abuse me. He is not out running around on me. In fact, if I had one complaint, it is that he spends an excessive amount of time ministering to others and not me. Of course, that is the selfish part of me that I am working on ridding myself of. How much more blessed could I be than for God to give me a husband that I don't deserve, who genuinely cares for others more than himself, and who is so focused on Christ, pretty much everyone who knows him knows what his beliefs are and feel comfortable coming to him when they have a question about religion, Christianity, etc.

No comments: