Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Visit from the Mormon Missionaries

This evening we had a visit from the missionaries and a member of the local Mormon church. This encounter was so different from the last time the missionaries stopped by for a visit (almost 2 years ago). First of all, I have been praying about this visit most of the day, more for my husband than for me. I was so afraid this was going to be a "bible-bashing session" as I used to call them (when both sides start throwing out bible verses to argue their point). It didn't turn out like that at all. My husband did a wonderful job leading the discussion and witnessing to them. Although we cannot be sure what was in their hearts as they left, it seemed as if one of the missionaries was really affected by the conversation. My prayer is that God works in their hearts and pulls them out of Mormonism into the truth as He did with me.

5 comments:

Berean Wife said...

Teri,

Good for you both!

I will second your prayer. :)

Berean Wife

Teri Campbell said...

Something I forgot to include in the original post is that when they were preparing to leave, my four year old daughter gave each of them a ten commandments coin. :)

Berean Wife said...

Then good for all three of you. Start 'em young. :)

Berean Wife

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I would not recommend all to invite them in to witness, but it seems God has called you to witness to them. I have found that sharing my love of Jesus gets through to usually the younger Missionary of the two. Such a sweet daughter!

I am the Clay said...

Hi, teri. I Just found your blog. I am always thrilled to hear from a former mormon who is now sold out for Christ!
I spent 19 yrs in the LDS, and by God's grace and goodnessI surrendered to King Jesus in Nov of 2007.
He is good!
God bless,
gloria