Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Regarding Good Works and Having Your Best Life Now...

We were discussing Paul and his conversion (Acts 9) in our bible study class this morning, and it hit me how great and awesome God is. He didn't have to pull me out of Mormonism, but He chose me as one of His own. I have been reading a lot of posts lately about people berating others for thinking so low of themselves and/or teaching their children to believe that they are wretched sinners. All I can think is how deluded we who call ourselves "Christians" have allowed ourselves to become. When did Christianity become all about "me"?

I am the worst of sinners and was once like the people who hold self-esteem so high and self-righteously cling to their good works. But as Paul was changed on the road to Damascus, God plucked me out of Mormonism and created in me a new person. Here is the amazing part of all of this. I do not need to tell myself that I have a purpose or that I am a good person. I do not need to listen to men speaking about how to have a better life now. I am a worthless sinner whose offerings are as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). However, through Jesus Christ, I am clean.

My best life is not in this life but in the life to come and my time is best spent right now raising my children for God that they may serve Him someday and also in sharing my story of how God changed me, with the hope that even one person who reads it or hears it may come to know Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life, took on the sins of the world, died on the cross, rose again, and is seated at the Right Hand of God!

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; " Romans 5:1-4

No comments: