Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Christian"

Isn't it funny how many "Christian" things there are right now? Christian books, Christian blogs, Christian businesses... you get the idea. I started thinking how easy it is to slap the word "Christian" on something to open up a whole new market. As long as the items are "family friendly" who cares whether they are 100% biblical right?

I guess right now I am on this kick because I've been listening for what passes as "Christian" radio on my drives to work lately. Honestly, I think traffic irritates me less than some of the songs that play on the radio right now. For instance, "I'm free to be me and you're free to be you." Really? Where is that in the bible? Holy jeans aside, I wonder what that artist is thinking. The biggest reason I've even tuned in lately is because recently "The Revelation Song" has become popular. Talk about worship!

Next have you listened to some of the commercials that are played? I think that might be a topic for another day, but if I hear one more commercial about the homebased business expo, I think I will scream (nothing against home-based businesses, the station has just had some weird commercials).

Okay, I'm going to get off my rant now. However, I posted a Grace Gems devotion that I felt was appropriate for this topic right before this post.

No comments: