Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leadership

This morning on the way into work, I was listening to the radio. The host was discussing James 3:1-2. The discussion made me start thinking a bit about the past couple of months. Since the beginning of this blog, I have become very aware of the things that I consider posting. Many times I have started to post something only to change my mind, erase it and post something else. I hope to only post those things on this blog that will glorify God.

Whenever I post something, I try to evaluate my motives behind what I am posting. Many times I fall short of having pure motives (if pure motives are truly possible with my wretched nature). I am both drawn to leading and shy away from it for this very reason. However, I know that God is able to take my meager offerings and use them for His good. I know that if I am going to lead/teach, I will be held to a higher standard than if I do not, but if I avoid leading/teaching for fear of being held to a higher standard, then is that not being selfish?

This then becomes the Romans 7:14-25 struggle. And as such shows my weakness, in which I shall continue to post and teach and whatever else God may choose for me to do. For through my weaknesses, others' may see God's marvelous workings and their faith may be made strong. For God has promised: "power is perfected in weakness" (from Paul speaking of the thorn in his flesh 2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

My final question at the close of this post is are you praying for those who lead you and those who teach you? Today we have a new president, and though I did not vote for him, I know that God has chosen him to lead the country at this time. It now falls on me to pray for him that he may lead the country in accordance with God's will. And so I will pray for the president just as I am praying for my pastor, my family, and my local leaders.

2 comments:

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Wonderful spiritual food for thought. Our words are very powerful - even words we post on a blog. We do have a responsibility to uphold God's Word and share His Gospel.
:-)
Thank you!

Domestically Inclined said...

Absolutely! God's word commands us to pray for our leaders, not just our spiritual leaders but all our leaders. I have heard some on the radio emphatically state that we should not pray for our new president as he is obviously against the christian beliefs, however, I would have to agree with God not the radio. If we do not obey God, we deserve what we get with the new regime. I can trust God...The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water:
he turneth it whithersoever he will. Proverbs 21:1
Great post Teri!